PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Fans of fantasy books won’t want to miss this 1.5-hour tour of Christ Church College, the setting and inspiration behind novels such as Alice and Wonderland and Harry Potter. By booking your ticket in advance, you’ll avoid the long lines outside of the prestigious Oxford University building, home to the Bodleian Library and adjoining Divinity School. Visit recognizable filming sites and learn about Lewis Carroll’s time at England’s oldest university.
- 1.5-hour tour of Christ Church College and the Bodleian Library in Oxford
- Designed for fans of the Harry Potter films and Alice in Wonderland novels
- Avoid the long lines outside of the prestigious Oxford University building
- Recognize the Bodleian Library and adjoining Divinity School, used to film famous movie scenes
- Learn about Lewis Carroll’s time at England’s oldest university
Your ticket includes up to £17 in entry fees per person as part of your ticket from 2020 onwards
Skip the queue entry Christchurch tickets, please note that if you book us at short notice, then Christchurch pre-purchase tickets may have already sold out. In this case, the guide and you need to queue for entry to Christchurch to buy tickets on the door. This can take even 30 minutes on busiest days, so please try to book us ahead! Tours are only cancelled, if Christchurch itself is closed to entry.
Tours will run as normal itinerary as the dining hall is not the Harry Potter film site anyway. Christchurch staircase & cloister are the film sites.
NB Saturday mornings, Christchurch dining hall is usually closed. We still run the tour then
Divinity School closures for graduation dates 2021 includes following dates:
Jan 23, Feb 27, March 6, May 8, May 15th of 2021
Christchurch Dining HALL CLOSED these dates but tour still running as the hall is not the film site
Christchurch Hall closures 2020: April 24, May 9, Oct 4, Oct 9th 2020
Departure & Return
Departure PointOxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
Return DetailsOxford, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- NB Saturday morning tours, we cannot guarantee entry to Dining Hall but we can show you the two HP film sites at Christchurch.
- NB Please plan much more time that you expect to arrive in Oxford, especially if you are driving and need to park.
- Your ticket includes up to £17 in entry fees per person
- These tours MUST START ON TIME as we may pre purchase entry tickets for fixed entry times. If you arrive after the tour has started, you will unfortunately therefore lose your booking. Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Our higher ticket price reflects the special quality of typically having smaller groups than our competitors & our excellence at having almost daily 5 star reviews for this tour! While this tour closes for online bookings with up to 1 hours notice but if you ask Viator to call us up for last minute requests by phone, that may still be possible.
- INCLUDED IN TICKET PRICE:
- This guided tour with guide includes entry fee to Christchurch film site (worth £15 per person) plus we enter Divinity school film site (at Bodleain library) as & when it is open only
- Skip the queue entry Christchurch tickets, during summer, please note that if you book us at short notice, then Christchurch online tickets may have already sold out. In this case, the guide and you need to queue for entry to Christchurch to buy tickets on the door. This can take half hour+ on busiest days, so please book us ahead!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE IN CASE OF UNFORESEEN PARTIAL OF FULL CLOSURES:
- All these film site venues are private institutions, so we can't always guarantee entry to all parts of the college. Thus, please see details below of any dates with possible closures, before you book us.
- Please note that occasionally, Christchurch dining hall may be closed or can viewing from the hall entry only. This doesn't prevent us from running the tour, as contrary to public belief, Christchurch dining hall is NOT a Harry Potter film site. What they filmed was the staircase & cloisters. We endeavour to publish below, details of any dates when Christchurch has published that the dining hall is closed or can only be viewed from hall entrance lobby. However, these can be last-minute.
- REFUNDS POLICY:
- Please note that we do not offer refunds, unless there are exceptional circumstances to prevent the tour from running. Please therefore check the published dates of known Christchurch full or partial closures, as published on this website page!
- If you opt to book a foreign language tour, this may be possible if you give us adequate advance notice of at least 24 hours. If we cannot offer a tour in a foreign language, then you will be refunded or invited to join the tour in English with any cost difference refunded.
- Divinity School closures for graduation dates 2021 includes following dates:
- Jan 23, Feb 27, March 6, May 8, May 15th of 2021
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour?
This activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour.
See all safety measures taken by PUBLIC Morning Christ Church Harry Potter Film Site Tour.
- "When we booked, we thought it was quite expensive, but actually, the tour was well worth it." See review
Product code: 22362P27
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursMovie ToursArt ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingOxfordWalking Tours - South East EnglandHistorical Tours - South East EnglandMovie Tours - South East EnglandArt Tours - South East EnglandWalking Tours - LondonHistorical Tours - LondonMovie Tours - LondonArt Tours - LondonWalking Tours - SalisburyHistorical Tours - SalisburyMovie Tours - SalisburyArt Tours - SalisburyCategory